Meetings: The American Legion, Price Post 3 (UT), meets on the first and third Thursdays monthly (excepting July and August). Doors open at 6pm and the meetings begin at 7pm. All veterans are welcome.
Fridays. If you’re a veteran, please consider joining fellow veterans at CrossCut (olde Log Cabin) for coffee and donuts, Fridays 8am-10am. Membership in any veterans service organization is not required. Veterans: You’ve earned, many of you by far, earned benefits available from more than the VA; this is an opportunity to share and learn.
Price Post 3 will host a ceremony to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the Terrorist Attacks of 9/11/2001; A Day to Remember those innocents killed, to Honor those who responded of whom many died, and to Recognize all those who’ve raised their hand that day and since to serve and defend this nation. This will be held at the Price City Veterans Peace Garden, Saturday, September 11th, 2021, beginning at 10am.
Drawing. Price Post 3 is selling tickets for a drawing of five (5) prizes; monies collected stay in our area and go towards purchase of flags for Memorial Day, Veterans Day, as well as Honor Guard supplies for Color Guard in parades and at Military Funeral Honors. Details: Five Prizes! $5.00 Each ticket, or 5 for $20. Drawing will take place on September 11th, 2021, at the Veterans Peace Garden in Price. Prizes include: (1) Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic Green 6.5mm Creedmoor; (2) Ruger New Vaquero – .45Colt Revolver; (3) Henry Repeating Rifle – Golden Boy .22s/l/lr – NRA Edition; (4) and (5) are each $250.00 Lin’s Grocery Vouchers. Please call if you’re interested: 435.630.8474.
2021 – American Legion Baseball: Price Post 3 is honored to sponsor four (4) ALB teams this year: Price, coached by Willie Ellington, has one team, and: Helper, coached by Jeff Cisneros, has three teams.
Price American Legion Baseball Team‘s Schedule is:
- June 14th, Monday: Price visits Payson at 7pm
- June 18th, Friday: Salem Hill visits Price for games at 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- June 21st, Monday: Helper visits Price at 6:30pm
- June 28th, Monday: Springfield visits Price for games at 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- June 30th, Wednesday: Price visits Helper at 8:00pm
- July 12th, Tuesday: Wasatch visits Price for games at 4:30pm & 6:30pm
Helper American Legion Baseball Teams’ Schedule is:
- June 14th, Monday: Helper visits Springville: 17U @ 4:30pm & 19U @ 6:30pm
- June 14th, Monday: ALA visits Helper 15U at Carbon HS @ 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- June 16th, Wednesday: Payson visits Helper: 17U @ 6:00pm & 19U @ 8:00pm
- June 18th, Friday: Highland visits Helper: 17U @ 6:00pm & 19U @ 8:00pm
- June 21st, Monday: Wasatch visits Helper: 15U @ 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- June 21st, Monday: Helper visits Price: 17U @ 6:30pm
- June 21st, Monday: Helper visits ALA: 19U @ 6:00pm
- June 23rd, Wednesday: Helper visits Salem Hills: 17U @ 4:30pm & 19U @ 6:30pm
- June 25th, Friday: Pleasant Grove visits Helper 15U at Carbon HS @ 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- June 25th, Friday: Salem Hills visits Helper: 17U @ 6:00pm & 19U @ 8:00pm
- June 28th, Monday: Helper visits Herriman: 15U 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- June 28th, Monday: Helper visits Payson: 17U @ 4:30pm & 19U @ 6:30pm
- June 30th, Wednesday: Price visits Helper: 17U @ 8:00pm
- July 2nd, Friday: Salem Hills visits Helper at Carbon HS: 15U @ 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- July 2nd, Friday: Viewmont visits Helper: 19U @ 8:00pm
- *NO GAMES, July 4th – 10th
- July 12th, Monday: Vernal visits Helper: 17U @ 5:00pm & 7:30pm
- July 12th, Monday: Springville visits Helper: 19U @ 8:00pm
- July 12th, Monday: State playoffs for 15U at TBD
- July 15th-20th: State Tournament for 17U at TBD
- July 16th-17th: State Playoffs for 19U at TBD
- July 22nd-24th: State Tournament for 15U at TBD
Please come out and watch the American Legion Baseball teams in action.
2021 – Flag Day: Honor the History and Service of our nation’s flags. The public is cordially invited to attend Flag Day ceremonies on Monday, June 14th, 2021, beginning at 5:30pm, at the corner of 100 N 100 E; behind the Price City Fire Station 1. The Benevolent and Protect Order of Elks, Lodge 1550, will present the history of our country through our nation’s flags with the assistance of the Boy Scouts of Troop 271. Immediately following, the Boy Scouts will assist The American Legion Price Post 3 will conduct a flag retirement ceremony. This ceremony recognizes the service of Americans our Nation’s flag, and includes (weather and fire conditions permitting) the proper and respectful retirement of flags. If your home, business, or agency have been flying our Nation’s flags and the flags are no longer serviceable (faded, dirty, or torn), please consider participating in this time-honored ceremony practiced in accordance with the U.S. Flag Code, by bringing your flags to the ceremony. Questions may be directed to: The American Legion Price Post 3 (435.630.8474)
2021 – Memorial Day: Honor and Remember service members of the US Armed Forces
Memorial Day. Monday, May 31st. We will once again place flags at the burial sites of our comrades who have gone before us.
For those interested in placing flags at the veterans’ graves, the schedule is:
- * Beginning at 8:00am each day
- Thursday, May 27th: Helper Mt View Cemetery
- Friday, May 28th: Price City (old), Price Cliffview (new), East Carbon, and Sunnyside Cemeteries
- Saturday, May 29th: Green River Cemetery, and Price cemeteries if needed.
- Wellington Cemetery: Flags will once again be placed by the Wilder family as they’ve done since about 1935; thank you, Wilders.
- Scofield and Carbonville Cemeteries: Flags will again be placed by the Leek family; thank you.
Memorial Day Services. Monday, May 31st, 2021, Ceremonial Services Schedule:
- – 8:00am at Helper Mt. View Cemetery [Participants should arrive no later than 7:30am to receive instruction and equipment.]
- – 9:00am at Price City Cemetery
- – 9:30am at Price Cliffview Cemetery
- – 10:30am at Wellington City Cemetery
- – 11:30am at East Carbon & Sunnyside Cemeteries
- – 1:30pm at Green River Elgin Cemetery
November 11th, 2020. Remembrance Day. Veterans Day. Price Post 3 will host this year’s Veterans Walk (beginning at 10am at the corner of 3rd East and Main Street) and Veterans Day ceremony (beginning at 11am at the Price Veterans Peace Garden). The Post’s Commander has received clearance (Monday, November 9th) from both the Governor’s and Southeast Utah Health Director’s offices: we’re good to go. Information has also been shared with Price City and Carbon County officials. Please follow current health-safety guidelines: if you’re sick – stay home; wear a mask and maintain distance as required.
2020 August 22nd. Price Post 3 has cancelled its Summer Picnic at Washington Park as a result of the Chinese Wuhan Virus and the City of Price keeping its facilities closed, water off, and other public services (such as the park’s kitchen) closed.
Memorial Day 2020 – To all the volunteers who joined the veterans in placing over 2,500 US flags at the graves of our fallen veterans, thank you. To all of you who joined us at one or more of our six ceremonies, thank you for your attendance and for your support in remembering and honor our nation’s veterans who gave their all.
American Legion Baseball – a history of tradition and Americanism. American Legion Baseball is a national institution, having thrived through a world war, several national tragedies, and times of great prosperity as well as great despair. The league still stands behind the traditional values upon which it was founded in 1925. American Legion Baseball has taught hundreds of thousands of young Americans the importance of sportsmanship, good health and active citizenship. The program is also a promoter of equality, making teammates out of young athletes regardless of their income levels or social standings. American Legion Baseball has been, and continues to be, a stepping stone to manhood for millions of young men who have gone on to serve their country or community, raise families or play the sport at the highest level. Learn more at: https://www.legion.org/baseball/history. There are plans for three teams in Price and Helper; please consider contacting Willie and Dakota for respective team information; please see: https://www.legion.org/baseball/participate.
June 14th. US Flag Day. The American Legion will conduct a flag retirement ceremony at the corner of 100 N and 100 E, behind the Fire Department. The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, Elks Lodge 1550, will presentation the history of our Nation’s flags, beginning at 1:00pm; Legionnaires will immediately follow with its flag retirement ceremony. Please note: Price City Fire Department is currently accepting non-serviceable (faded, torn, ripped) US flags for retirement, and will provide fire safety oversight.
Memorial Day is a solemn day to honor and remember those service men and women who lost their lives in combat, who lost their lives while in uniform, and today, for those who’ve passed and gone before us.
Memorial Day is not a “happy” day, nor is it the first day of summer. Memorial Day is a day where our nation should remember the lives lost, the lost opportunities of those who died, their futures, the price they paid with their lives so we may live our lives to the fullest with the freedoms and protections afforded by our nation’s Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Memorial Day is not the only day to remember who we as a nation lost, but a dedicated day to Honor and Remember their sacrifices, to remember they died so we could live as free men and women in a free society.
Memorial Day 2020 – Flags and Services: To Honor those men and women who died in combat, died in service, or since serving our great nation and to Remember that they died so we may live freely, free from tyranny and oppression.
Veterans, members of the American Legion Price Post 3, the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Miners Post 2379, the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Chapter 16, Auxiliarists and friends, would like to place nearly 3,000 American flags at the gravesites of all veterans so that no veteran’s service to this nation goes forgotten; last year over 2,000 graves were decorated by just over 30 people.
We need your help. Unfortunately, there are far fewer veterans alive and able to complete this honorable task of decorating the graves of loved ones and friends with pride. Please consider joining us, even if only to place a flag on your loved one’s gravesite.
Schedule for flag placement (flags will be provided):
– Thursday, May 21st, 2020, beginning at 9:00am until finished: Helper Mt View Cemetery.
– Friday, May 22nd, 2020, beginning at 9:00am until finished: Price City (old) and Cliffview Cemeteries, followed by East Carbon and Sunnyside (sooner if enough people).
– Saturday, May 23rd, 2020, beginning at 9:00am until finished: Green River Cemetery.
– Wellington Cemetery has been and will be decorated by the Wilder family; they’ve been doing so since the mid-1930s.
– Scofield and Carbonville Cemeteries have been and will be decorated by the Leek family.
Everyone is invited to attend and observe Memorial Day ceremonies conducted by the members of the American Legion, DAV, and VFW on Monday, May 25th. All US Armed Forces service members and veterans are invited to participate; if interested, please meet with the Honor Guard 10 minutes prior to each service for coordination and consider wearing your respective service or veteran service organization’s formal uniform.
Ceremonial Services Schedule:
8:00am at Helper Mt. View Cemetery
9:00am at Price City Cemetery
9:30am at Price Cliffview Cemetery
10:30am at Wellington City Cemetery
11:30am at East Carbon Cemetery
11:45am at Sunnyside Cemetery
1:30pm at Green River Elgin Cemetery
Memorial Day, originally known as Decoration Day, was set aside to honor the nation’s Civil War dead by decorating their graves. First observed on May 30, 1868, 5,000 participants decorated the graves of more than 20,000 Union and Confederate soldiers buried in Arlington National Cemetery. Following the Great War, World War I, Memorial Day included all service members killed in all wars. Today, customarily, Memorial Day remembers all service members who died in combat, while serving, or since serving.
David Jelin, Commander, American Legion Price Post 3
2020 May 21st. CANCELLED. Price Post 3 has been invited to present our Nation’s colors at Carbon High School’s Senior’s Graduation program.
2020 March 18th. Carbon High School’s hosting of the Sterling Scholar program has been cancelled due to the governor’s actions shutting down public schools; Price Post 3 was invited to present our nation’s colors.
2020 March 14th. Price Post 3’s American Legion Birthday Dinner, the Post’s 100th Celebration, has been postponed until a later date recognizing growing concerns over the Wuhan Virus and even small crowds with certain demographics, especially those persons at or over 70 years of age. A similar Post dinner will be scheduled when this precaution is lifted and those with reservations will be notified.
This dinner invitation is extended to Post Legionnaires, widows of Legionnaires, Auxiliary members, their immediate family, and invited guests. Dinner will consist of smoked pork ribs, mashed potatoes & gravy, a vegetable, salad & dressing, rolls & butter, and cookies. The doors will open at 4pm. Dinner will be served at 5pm. The cost is $10.00 per person/per serving. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED AND CONSIDERED MADE WHEN PAID, $10.00 per person, either at a meeting, or by sending it in to arrive no later than 12:00noon, Wednesday, March 11th, 2020.
2020 March 14th. The City of Price’s St Patrick’s Day Parade has been cancelled by the City reportedly as a precaution regarding concerns surround CoVID19 (the Wuhan Virus).